Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 696 Yoginīdaśāphala / योगिनीदशाफल
TitleYoginīdaśāphala / योगिनीदशाफल
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 696
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960745023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Treatise on Hindu astrology drawing on aspects of Tantrism through its correlation between to the eight divine female figures known as yoginīs and various astral bodies, as well as the results yielded through their veneration; the text is presented as a dialogue between the deities Śiva and Pārvatī contemplating astrological systems.
- Title from colophon (f. 9v); alternate title Grahādi yoginī from note by second scribal hand on opening folio (f. 1r)
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti yoginīdaśā[phalasamāptaṃ] (f. 9v).
- Hindu astronomy
- Hindu astrology
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 696: Yoginīdaśāphala are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.