Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 715 Śivadharmaśastra. / शिवधर्मशस्त्र
TitleŚivadharmaśastra. / शिवधर्मशस्त्र
Other related names
- Śrībhavāni Śaṃkara, scribe
- Viṣṇu Datta, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 715
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962067173503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and is a kind of treatise (Hindu law) and astrological work dedicated to the Hindu deity Śiva and deals with procedures and rites for dispelling negative things that enter into a person's life (sickness, financial troubles,demons etc.).
- Title from colophon (f. 28r).
- Written in 5-7 lines per leaf.
- 28 leaves foliated 1-28, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1732 (1810) (f. 28r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Scribe is Śrībhavāni Śaṃkara (f. 28r).
Extent1 item (28 leaves) : 8 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīśivadharmmaśāstre nandikaśvasaṃvādeśāṃtikādhyāyaḥ sampūrṇaḥ śubham // (f. 28r).
- Formerly owned by Viṣṇu Datta (f. 28v).
- Hindu law
- Hindu astronomy
- Hindu astrology
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 715: Śivadharmaśastra. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.