Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 725 Śivapaṭala / शिवपटल
TitleŚivapaṭala / शिवपटल
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 725
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962103353503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation, study and recitation and is a work related to the philosophy, rites, and values associated with Tantric forms of Śaivism such as the Aghorī Śaivas.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Sold and wrapped together along with Item 724.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 11 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śivapaṭalaṃ śubham bhavatu (f. 5v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 725: Śivapaṭala are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.