Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 726 Gaṇeśopaniṣad / गणेशोपनिषद्
TitleGaṇeśopaniṣad / गणेशोपनिषद्
Other related names
- Madyājñika Devakṛṣṇa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 726
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962103473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a philosophical work, written in the style of an ancient Upaniṣad, but dedicated to the medieval figure, the elephant-headed Hindu deity Gaṇeśa. The work relates the deity Gaṇeśa with the highest principles of the universe.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 8 x 12 cm
ColophonColophon: iti atharvaṇarahasye gaṇeśopaniṣat saṃpūrṇam (f. 5r).
- Formerly owned by Madyājñika Devakṛṣṇa.
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 726: Gaṇeśopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.