Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 729 Nārāyaṇopaniṣad / नारायणोपनिषद्
TitleNārāyaṇopaniṣad / नारायणोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 729
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962103653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is dedicated to philosophy, rites, and sociological aspects associated with the Hindu deity Nārāyaṇa; this work associates itself with the Atharvaveda rather than with the larger Taittariyāranyaka, commonly associated with this title. The manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Mahānārāyaṇopaniṣad, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 29 leaves foliated 1-29, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents and some corrections written in red throughout.
Extent1 item (29 leaves) : 13 x 16 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 729: Nārāyaṇopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.