Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 730 Kenopaniṣad / केनोपनिषद्
TitleKenopaniṣad / केनोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 730
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962108413503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a philosophical work dedicated to asking questions about the nature of the universe, human perception of it, and the highest realities therein.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti jayamuni upaniṣat tad dhārako upaniṣeda evaṃ vedaḥ // (f. 3v).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu cosmology
- Perception (Philosophy)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 730: Kenopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.