Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 748 Kumārasaṃhitā / कुमारसंहिता
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 748
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962129243503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, prayer, and recitation, and is a treatment of Hindu mantras to be used in Tantric rituals; narrated by the god Śiva and dedicated to Heramba, a form of the deity Gaṇeśa, popular in the state of Maharashtra.
- Title from colophon (f. 27v).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 27 leaves foliated 1-27, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (27 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti kumārasaṃhitāyāṃ rahasyātirahasyaṃ nāmaṃdarāmodhyāyaḥ śrīheraṃbārparṇam astu (f. 27v).
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 748: Kumārasaṃhitā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.