Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 753 Triṃśacchlokī / त्रिंशच्छ्लोकी
TitleTriṃśacchlokī / त्रिंशच्छ्लोकी
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 753
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962195533503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is divided between a main text in the center and surrounded by a commentary horizontally above and below the main text. The main text contains 30 verses (ślokas) and is derived from a work called the Aśaucanirṇaya; it deals with the removal of impurities through ritual and recitation. The commentary is by Bhaṭṭācārya. Aśaucanirṇaya is also the title of a work by the sage Ādityācārya (the title of his work known by both Aśaucanirṇaya and Ṣaḍaśīti); however, these may not be the same work. The manuscript likely represents and is derived from part of the Br̥hadāraṇyakopaniṣad attributed to the sage Yājñavalkya.
- Title from colophon (f. 16v).
- Written in 10-16 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 11 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmanmitākṣaroktāśaucānirṇaye triśacchlokīsamaptim agamat // (f. 16v).
- Purity, Ritual--Hinduism
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 753: Triṃśacchlokī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.