Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 769 Yogaranākara / योगरत्नाकर
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 769
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9953146803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Compendium of Indian medical knowledge up until the 17th century including details of medical drugs, as well as diagnoses and treatments for many medical conditions including a variety of fevers, loss of appetite and indigestion, piles, bronchitis, hiccups, epilepsy, diabetes, etc. There is intermittent commentary (ṭīkā) at various points throughout the text.
- Title from margin abbreviation throughout, upper left verso.
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 532 leaves foliated 1-59, upper left and lower right verso; 60-117, upper left verso; 118-267, upper left and lower right verso; 268-532, upper left verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1863 (1806) (f. 532v).
- Mistakes covered over in white or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line; the final folio (f. 532) and colophon are badly damaged.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (532 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vājā[?????]prakarṇasamāptaṃ saṃvat 1863 matīkātikasudīvādarśa[??]liṣitaṃhīrātnāte[??] samāptaṃ // rāmarāmarāmaṃ (f. 532v).
- Medicine, Ayurvedic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 769: Yogaranākara are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.