Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 777 Vṛtti / वृत्ति
TitleVṛtti / वृत्ति
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 777
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962195713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a small section of a larger Jaina grammatical work, possibly with reference to grammatical compounds.
- Title from colophon (f. 1v); alternate title derived from colophon (f. 1v) by writing the numeral 12 as a word.
- Written in 32 lines.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line. Text is divided into three columns and the words form a kind of diamond-shaped yantra (diagram) at the center of each column with four characters from the text at the center of each one (six in total). Text is incomplete.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti kṛtiḥ śrīmunicandrasūrīṇām // śośaṃśaḥ vistuḥ triṃśovarguḥ // 12 vṛtti saṃpūrṇā // (f. 1v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 777: Vṛtti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.