Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 783 Āsavādhikāra / आसवाधिकार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 783
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962195723503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for reference and consultation as a kind of manual for the creation of pharmaceutical elixirs and treatment of urinary infections, as well as other medical issues.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 17-19 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Incipit: athāsavādhikāraḥ // (f. 1v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line. Some folios treated with turmeric powder.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 15 x 26 cm
- Medicine, Ayurvedic
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 783: Āsavādhikāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.