Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 785 Rasaviṣayakograntha / रसविषयकोग्रन्थ
TitleRasaviṣayakograntha / रसविषयकोग्रन्थ
Other related names
- Varadamūrti Prasan, associated name
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 785
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962217153503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Sanskrit and Hindi
Manuscript used for study and consultation and is a medical treatise on the ingredients and preparation of various medications, along with a Hindi glossary written in red above the main text.
- Title from purchase wrapper.
- Written in 6-11 lines per leaf.
- 22 leaves foliated 1-22, lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
Extent1 item (22 leaves) : 11 x 23 cm
- Someone named Varadamūrti Prasan is honored at the beginning of the text and may be the person who commissoned the work or was even the author of the work.
- Medicine, Ayurvedic
- Hindi language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 785: Rasaviṣayakograntha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.