Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 816 Talavakāravidyākhya / तलवकारविद्याख्य
TitleTalavakāravidyākhya / तलवकारविद्याख्य
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 816
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294213503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy from the Vedānta school. Thought to be part of the Kenopaniṣad and associated with the lineage of the Sāmaveda paṇḍits, it regards notions of the Self, as well as the implications of other philosophical questions. Written in 100 verses.
- Title from colophon (f. 8r).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: ity anubhūtiprakāśe talavakāravidyākhyonāmaikonaviṃśodhyāyaḥ // (f. 8r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Self (Philosophy)--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 816: Talavakāravidyākhya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.