Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 818 Brahmasūtra / ब्रह्मसूत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 818
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294293503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise from the Vedānta school of philosophy and is the fourth section of a larger work. It is a foundational work for this branch of Hindu philosophy from the early medieval period and was highly influential on later medieval thinkers and beyond. Particular concern is given to the nature of the highest reality or absolute, the brahman.
- Title from colophon (f. 11r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 11 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībrahmasūtre caturthādyāyasya caturthaḥ pādaḥ // samāptaścādhyāyaḥ // sūttraṃ saṃkhyā (f. 11r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 818: Brahmasūtra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.