Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 820 Advaitamakaranda / अद्वैतमकरन्द
TitleAdvaitamakaranda / अद्वैतमकरन्द
- Lakṣmīdhara, active 17th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 820
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962295163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy from the perspective of the Advaita Vedānta (non-dualism) branch of philosophy along with an extensive commentary called the Rasābhivyajakā by Svayamprakāśa. Each folio presents one or two lines of the main, root text, with the commentary running parallel above and below it.
- Title from colophon (f. 22v); title of commentary, Rasābhivyajakā, from the commentary colophon (f. 22v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 22 leaves foliated 1-22, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1883 and śaka 1748 (1826) (f. 22v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (22 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrī lakmīdharaviracitam advaitamakaraṃdākhyaprakaraṇaṃ samāptaṃ // (f. 22v).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 820: Advaitamakaranda are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.