Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 825 Pañcadaśī / पञ्चदशी
TitlePañcadaśī / पञ्चदशी
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 825
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, likely by the philosophical dualist Mādhava, from the perspective of Vedānta school. Work contains an extensive commentary called the Pañcakeśaviveka, running parallel above and below the main text, written by Rāmakṛṣṇa (f. 16r), which is said to be part of the Tātparyārthadyotinī (f. 16r).
- Title from colophon (f. 16r); title of commentary Pañcakeśaviveka from colophon (f. 16r).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line. Manuscript likely written by the same scribe as Ms. Coll. 390 Item 823 and Item 824.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācāryaśrībhāratitirthavidyāraṇyamunivaryakiṃkareṇa śrīrāmakṛṣṇākhyena viduṣāviracitā paṃcakośavivekavyākhyā samāptaḥ // 8 // (f. 16r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 825: Pañcadaśī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.