Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 827 Dvaitaviveka / द्वैतविवेक
TitleDvaitaviveka / द्वैतविवेक
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 827
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, likely by Mādhava, from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta branch of philosophy and deals with the problem of dualism. Work contains an extensive commentary called the Dvaitavivekapadayojanā, running parallel above and below the main text, written by Rāmakṛṣṇa.
- Title from marginal abbreviations throughout; title of commentary Dvaitavivekapadayojanā from colophon (f. 15r).
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (15 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti dvaitavivekapadayojanā samāptā // (f. 15r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 827: Dvaitaviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.