Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 828 Vedantasūtra / वेदन्तसूत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 828
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294643503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Indian philosophy from the Vedānta school. It is a foundational work for this branch of Hindu philosophy from the early medieval period and was highly influential on later medieval thinkers and beyond. Particular concern is given to the nature of the highest reality or absolute, the brahman.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (15 leaves) : 12 x 28 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 828: Vedantasūtra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.