Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 833 Pañcadaśī / पञ्चदशी
TitlePañcadaśī / पञ्चदशी
- Mādhava, -1386
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 833
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962294953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise, likely by Mādhava, from the perspective of the dualist branch (dvaita) of the Vedānta school. Work contains an extensive commentary called the Mahāvākyaviveka, running parallel above and below the main text, written by Rāmakṛṣṇa. Floral pattern on front cover of manuscript (f. 1r).
- Title from marginal abbreviations throughout; title of commentary Mahāvākyaviveka from colophon (f. 6r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; margins marked with quadruple red line.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācārya śībhāratītīrthavidyāraṇyamunivaryakiṃkareṇa rāmakṛṣṇākyaviduṣāviracitā mahāvākyavivekavyāravyā samāptā // oṃ tat sat // (f. 6r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 833: Pañcadaśī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.