Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 852 Māṇḍūkyabhāṣya / माण्डूक्यभाष्य
Other related names
- Govinda Brahma, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 852
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962344193503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary on an early work called the Sāṃkhya kārikā, and considered an early work of the Vedānta school of philosophy though from a point of view of monism rather than non-dualism.
- Title from title page (f. 1r); alternate title Gauḍapādabhāṣya supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-12 lines per leaf.
- 79 leaves foliated 1-78, [i], upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1859 (1802) (f. 78r).
- Scribe is Govinda Brahma who wrote the work in the city of Varāṇasī (Kāśī) (f. 78r); written with the same scribal hand as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 840, and is a companion to that work.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (79 leaves) : 12 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīgoviṃdabhagavatpūjyapādaśiṣyasya śrīśaṃkarabhagavataḥ kṛtāvāgamaśāstravivaraṇe ajātaśāṃkyākhyaṃ caturdhaprakaraṇaṃ saṃ[pūrṇam] // (f. 78r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 852: Māṇḍūkyabhāṣya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.