Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 861 Manaviśrāmopaniṣad / मनविश्रामोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 861
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962349473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and may have been part of a group of five upaniṣads known as the Bindu upaniṣads, which are part of the so-called Yoga upaniṣads and deal with the topic of meditation; this group of works was written in the medieval period, not in the late Vedic period as other upaniṣads.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v); alternate title Dhyanabindūpaniṣad (or Dhyanabindu upaniṣad) also from marginal abbreviation.
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 12 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti manaviśrāmopaniṣatsamāptaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 861: Manaviśrāmopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.