Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 870 Brahmopaniṣad / ब्रह्मोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 870
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962430003503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a Hindu philosophical treatise in the style of the late Vedic upaniṣads, but being written in medieval times. Part of what is known as the Yoga upaniṣads and influenced by the Saṃkhyā and Vedānta, as well as Śakta, philosophical traditions. Work expounds on the universal notion of the brahman and its relationship to the self (ātman).
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 13 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti ity atharvaṇabrahmopaniṣat samāptaḥ oṃm śāṃtiḥ śāṃtiḥ śāṃtiḥ hari oṃ tat sat // (f. 2v).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 870: Brahmopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.