Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 894 Svaprakāśātmaviveka / स्वप्रकाशात्मविवेक
- Mādhava, -1386
Other related names
- Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 894
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962431593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on Hindu philosophy from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy; work contains part of an extensive commentary called the Tātparyabodhinī by Rāmakṛṣṇa running parallel, above and below, the main root text.
- Title from title page (f. 1r) alternate title Māhāvākyaviveka from title page (f. 1r); commentary title Tātparyabodhinī supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1772 (1850), based on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890 (f. 1r) and Item 893 (f. 9r), once part of the same manuscript.
- Scribe is Janārdana Tāhmaṇakara, based on Ms. Coll. 390, Item 903 (f. 3r), once part of the same manuscript.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that was divided into parts before its purchase, but sold together with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 890, Item 891, Item 892, Item 893, Item 895, Item 896, Item 897, Item 898, Item 899, Item 900, Item 902, Item 903, Item 904, and Item 905.
- Watermarks on a number of folios with the date 1835 and the name W. Venables & Co along with crest shaped as a heart in which there are letters.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 21 x 33 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīsvaprakāśātmavivekaḥ samāptaḥ // 5 // śubhaṃbhavatu // (f. 3r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 894: Svaprakāśātmaviveka are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.