Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 913 Vāsudevopaniṣad / वासुदेवोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 913
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962527133503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a kind of Hindu philosophical treatise, but used also in a prayer or ritual context, especially for Vaiṣṇavites, derived from the Athārvaveda and comprised, in part, of Vedic mantras; though written in the style of a late Vedic upaniṣad, may have been written in the post-Vedic period.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1702 (1645) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 28 cm
- Hindu mantras--Early works to 1800
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Philosophy, Indic--Early works to 1800
- Vaishnavism--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 913: Vāsudevopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.