Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 916 Yogaśikhopaniṣad / योगशिखोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 916
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962528803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a kind of medieval Hindu philosophical treatise written in the style of a late Vedic upaniṣad, but is part of a likely medieval group of 108 so-called Yoga upaniṣads, which were influenced by both Saṃkhyā and Vedānta schools of philosophy as well as Śaktaism.
- Title from colophon (f. 16v).
- Written in 7-10 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
ColophonColophon: oṃ yogaśikhopaniṣatsamāptā // (f. 16v).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 916: Yogaśikhopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.