Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 924 Śāṇḍilyopaniṣad / शाण्डिल्योपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 924
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962531823503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a post-Vedic Hindu philosophical treatise that has been influenced by both saṃkhyā and Vedānta schools of philosophy, synthesizing traditions associated with yoga and other contemplative practices in formulating a connection between an understanding of ultimate reality and the individual self (ātman). Manuscript is part of a larger group of late upaniṣads known as the Yoga-upaniṣads.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and a few additions in margins.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 11 x 28 cm
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 924: Śāṇḍilyopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.