Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 935 Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣyaṭīkā / माण्डूक्योपनिषद्भाष्यतीका
TitleMāṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣyaṭīkā / माण्डूक्योपनिषद्भाष्यतीका
- Ānandagiri, active 13th century
Other related names
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 935
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9963024103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary (ṭīkā) on Śaṅkarācārya's Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣya, itself a commentary (bhāṣya) on Gauḍapādācārya's Āgamaśāstra (also known as Gauḍapādakārikā), one of the foundational works of the Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta school of philosophy.
- Title from colophon (f. 82v).
- Written in 13-15 lines per leaf.
- 83 leaves foliated 1-82, [i], upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (83 leaves) : 12 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakāvāryaśrīśuddhānaṃdapūjyapādaśiṣyasya bhagavadānaṃdajñānakṛtāyāṃ guaḍapādīyabhāṣyaṭīkāyāṃ caturthaprakaraṇaṃ samāptaṃ // śrīrāmacaṃdrārpaṇam astu // 7 // śrīnārāyaṇārpaṇam astu // śrīrāma // jayarāmajayajayarāma // janārdanakoṃḍadevagāḍagīlayāṃce pustaka // śrīrāmacaṃdrāya namaḥ // (f. 82v).
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva (f. 39v). This owner is from the village of Gāḍagī (or Gāḍgīlāya) possibly in present day Jarakhand, India (f. 82v), and is written by the same scribe as Item 845, Item 931, Item 932, Item 934, and Item 2387.
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 935: Māṇḍūkyopaniṣadbhāṣyaṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.