Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 937 Jñānanaukā / ज्ञाननौका
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 937
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962592103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript whose title translates as the Knowledge-boat, is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a short, abbreviated Hindu philosophical treatise intended to give the essential aspects of the Advaita (non-dual) school of philosophy. Though the work is attributed to Śaṅkarācārya (f. 1v), it way well have been written by one of his followers.
- Title from colophon (f. 1v).
- Written in 13 lines total.
- 1 leaf.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (1 leaves) : 8 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmacchaṃkarācāryaviracitājñānanaukāsaṃpūrṇā // śrīrama śrī // (f. 1v).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 937: Jñānanaukā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.