Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 940 Samkṣepasārīrakaṭīkā. / सम्क्षेपसारीरकटीका
- Rāmatīrthayati, active 17th century
Other related names
- Haribhaṭṭaputra Bhāradvāja, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 940
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962594093503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is the second chapter of a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary written from the perspective of the Advaita (non-dual) Vedānta school of philosophy. Manuscript is a commentary on the Śārīraprakaraṇasaṃkṣepaśārīraka by Sarvajñātman.
- Title from colophon (f. 94r).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 94 leaves foliated 1-94, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Dated śaka 1674 (1752) (f. 94r).
- Scribe is Haribhaṭṭaputra Bhāradvāja based on another text originally from the same manuscript, Ms. Coll. 390, Item 942 (f. 29v).
- Originally a component of a larger manuscript with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 939, Item 941, and Item 942.
Extent1 item (94 leaves) : 10 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīkṛṣṇātīrthaśiṣyarāmatīrthakṛtāyāṃ saṃkṣepaśārīrakaṭīkāyām anvayārthaprakāśikāyāṃ dvitīyo 'dhyāyo 'viro 'dhyābhidhaḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 94r).
- Advaita--Early works to 1800
- Vedanta--Early works to 1800
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Philosophy, Indic--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 940: Samkṣepasārīrakaṭīkā. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.