Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 946 Nārāyaṇopaniṣad / नारायणोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 946
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962595063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and is a late Vedic philosophical treatise dedicated to the philosophy, rites, and sociological aspects associated with the Hindu deity Nārāyaṇa and containing mantras for the purpose of praising him.
- Title from colophon (f. 40v); alternate title Mahānārāyaṇopaniṣad supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 40 leaves foliated 1-40, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents and some corrections written in red throughout; significant symbols, words, and phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (40 leaves) : 12 x 17 cm
ColophonColophon: iti nārāyaṇa upaniṣadsamāptaḥ // caturthaḥ // (f. 40v).
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 946: Nārāyaṇopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.