Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 948 Atmaṣaṭkopaniṣad / आत्मषट्कोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 948
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962592563503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a late Vedic philosophical treatise appended to the Ṛgveda; as a Upaniṣad, it contains speculations about the nature of being, the self, birth, and breath; also early myths. Text ends with three Vedic verses.
- Title from colophon (f. 7v).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line on some folios.
- Most folios (f. 1-5) are probably European, machine-made, with watermarks of some kind of crest (a crown or cross), along with letters associated with an unknown company.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 11 x 17 cm
ColophonColophon: ity ātmaṣaṭkopaniṣatsamāptā // śrīkṛṣṇārpaṇam astu // (f. 7r).
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu mythology
- Vedic literature
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 948: Atmaṣaṭkopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.