Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 956 Muṇḍakopaniṣad / मुण्डकोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 956
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962593203503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and recitation; a late Vedic work comprised of verse and mantras (words and phrases of power) to be used in meditation and ritual, for unlocking the secrets of higher knowledge, especially knowledge of the Self (ātman), expounded on by early Hindu philosophers.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 11 x 13 cm
ColophonColophon: iti muṃḍakopaniṣatsamāptā // śāṃtiḥ pāṭhaḥ sahvanābavatu (f. 5v).
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 956: Muṇḍakopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.