Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 965 Garbhopaniṣad / गर्भोपनिषद्
TitleGarbhopaniṣad / गर्भोपनिषद्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 965
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962758773503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a Hindu philosophical treatise dealing with the nature and physiology of the human body, its origin, and the nature of selfhood.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v).
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Machine-made paper with a partial watermark showing a series of circles within which are different designs, one of which looks like a flower.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 15 cm
ColophonColophon: iti garbhopaniṣat // śrīrāmajayarāma (f. 4v).
- Human body--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Self (Philosophy)--India
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 965: Garbhopaniṣad are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.