Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 970 Śānti mantras
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 970
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9962758923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for recitation and prayer and is a collection of Hindu mantras, especially śānti (peace); some mantras are drawn from the Upaniṣads, while others are drawn from traditional invocations to the philosophical masters associated with Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta, especially Śaṅkarācārya.
- Title supplied by cataloger; alternate title Śāntyupaniṣad, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 14 x 24 cm
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hindu chants
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 970: Śānti mantras are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.