Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 99 Collection of hymns and mantras
TitleCollection of hymns and mantras
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 99
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9951832033503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of hymns and mantras to various Hindu and Vedic deities; includes partial hymns from the Ṛgveda: one to the cosmic man (puruṣa) and one to the deity Viṣṇu; contains mantras to Śiva.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Section title Puruṣasūkta from rubric (f. 1r); section title Viṣṇusūkta supplied by cataloger; section title Namaste astu bhagavan from manuscript (f. 4v).
- Written in 6-8 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out, some corrections in margins, vertical margins marked with double red line, accents given throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 6 x 15 cm
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 99: Collection of hymns and mantras are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.