Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 15 Antiphonary fragment
- Catholic Church
Other related names
- Krumbhaar, E. B. 1882-, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 591 Folder 15
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9938832493503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Illuminated initial, possibly Spanish, cut from an antiphonary page showing Mary holding Jesus and giving a rosary to a saint, presumably Saint Dominic. The initial is gold, a square frame around the initial is red and gold, and a floral background fills the square behind the figures. The other side is a fragment of musical notation with the text [An]gelus Gabriel nu[ntiavit Ma]riae et concepit.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 235 x 243 mm
- Gift of E. B. Krumbhaar.
- Catholic Church--Liturgy--Texts
- Illumination of books and manuscripts--Specimens
- Illuminated manuscripts
- Manuscripts, Latin--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 15: Antiphonary fragment are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.