Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 990 Item 15 Dhammapada atṭhakatha
Other related names
- Ruschenberger, W. S. W. 1807-1895, former owner
- Forrest, Edwin, 1806-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 990 Item 15
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968254853503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Commentary on the Dhammapada, with 2 leaves probably from a second manuscript. The title includes the note "puk 14."
- Written in 5 lines per leaf, except for the leaf in Thai script, written in 4 lines per leaf.
- Written in Khom (f. 1-9) and Thai script (f. 11).
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes approximately 19.5 cm apart.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 6 x 59.5 cm
- Acquired by W.S.W. Ruschenberger in Bangkok, 1836 (f. 1r).
- Gift of W.S.W. Ruschenberger to Edwin Forrest, Philadelphia, 1847 (f. 1r).
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- Manuscripts, Digital
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 990 Item 15: Dhammapada atṭhakatha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Ownership inscription, f. 1r
2283_0000.tif (38.7 MB)
2283_0000_thumb.jpg (1.5 KB)
2283_0000_web.jpg (40.1 KB)
Section: Ownership inscription, f. 1r