Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Roll 1563 Devotional roll
Other related names
- Block, Gordon A., Jr., 1914-1973, former owner
Call numberMs. Roll 1563
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9947716593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageLatin with some rubrics in Middle English
A roll of prayers in Latin, including prayers to Mary, the Trinity, Jesus, and the name of Jesus, and several prayers to be said at the point in the Mass when the Eucharist is held up in view of the congregation. All rubrics on the recto are in Latin; some rubrics on the verso are in Middle English. Text is missing in the first three lines on the recto due to a wedge-shaped cut at the top of the manuscript. The text at the end of the verso (the outside surface of the roll) is so rubbed that it is illegible.
- Ms. roll.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- A translation of the Latin and transcription of the Middle English is shelved with the manuscript in the manuscript's former box.
Extent1 roll (2 membranes) : 1372 x 130 mm
- Gift of Gordon A. Block, Jr., in memory of his mother Reba Fleisher Block, 1963.
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions--Latin
- Lord's Supper--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800
- Scrolls (information artifacts)
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, English (Middle)--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Roll 1563: Devotional roll are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
msroll1563_recto_testref1.tif (173.1 MB)
msroll1563_recto_testref1_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
msroll1563_recto_testref1_web.jpg (237.5 KB)