Collection ID: 0003 | Metadata type: TEI | |
MS 8 Jewel roll of Edward I for the years 1300-1
TitleJewel roll of Edward I for the years 1300-1
Other related names
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberMS 8
(Bryn Mawr, United States, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr College Library)
- Phillips: 24014
- Goodhart: 38
PublisherBryn Mawr College Library
This is 1301 roll from England includes a detailed inventory of the jewels and other precious objects in the possession of King Edward I of England. The locations of the objects are described, as well as the chests and boxes in which they are kept and items which are gifts include the donor's name. The headings for the different sections are written in a two-line script enclosed in a frame. The roll is composed of two membranes stitched together. The parchment is worn and although the headings are still legible, the text is very faint and difficult to read in the first two sections.
- Previously Goodhart 38
- Parchment roll composed of two membranes stitched together
- Some lines illegible due to rubbing
Extent2 membranes; 1030 x 220 mm
BindingAttached to modern wooden handles
Headings for different sections written in two-line script enclosed in a frame
- Phillipps number 24014
- De Ricci, Seymour, with the assistance of W. J. Wilson, Census of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New York: H. W. Wilson, 1935-40), p. 1684, no. 38.
- Bond, W. H. Supplement to the census of medieval and renaissance manuscripts in the United States and Canada. New York: Bibliographical Society of America, 1962, p. 434, n. 8.
- Edward Owen, M.A., "Welsh Gifts of Jewels to Edward I."
- 14th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Bryn Mawr College Library, MS 8: Jewel roll of Edward I for the years 1300-1 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Bryn Mawr College, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Bryn Mawr College Library MS 8: Jewel roll of Edward I for the years 1300-1. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Inventory; incipit: Una corona auri cum rubectis; explicit: anno xxvi libri fuerunt per eosdem thesauria et canicrus de socio in quorum custodiam adhuc remanent in superiori thesauria regis apud turrim Londoniensis
- fol. 1r — In ink, upper corner: "Phillipps MS 24014"
6827_0000.tif (80.7 MB)
6827_0000_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
6827_0000_web.jpg (183.1 KB)
Decoration: In ink, upper corner: "Phillipps MS 24014"