Collection ID: 0003 | Metadata type: TEI | |
BV 55 Vaṣiyyet. / وصيت
- Birgivî Mehmet Efendi, approximately 1522-1573
بركوى, محمد افندى،
Other related names
- Ḥasan ibn ʻUthmān, active 1784, scribe
حسن بن عثمان،
Call numberBV 55
(Bryn Mawr, PA, Bryn Mawr College Libraries, Special Collections)
PublisherBryn Mawr College Libraries
Treatise on the principle of the Islamic faith including divine attributes, Quranic revelation, the prophethood of Muḥammad, the nature of angels, resurrection and the last days, correct ablution and acts of worship, and moral exhortation. Table of contents at the beginning.
- Manuscript codex.
Extent130 leaves : 182 x 115 (125 x 66 ) mm
FoliationA possibly contemporary set in black ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals; the beginnings of pagination in pencil (1-50). The references in the record are to the ink foliation.
BindingThe boards are missing; the gatherings are still connected by sewing.
Illuminated headpiece ([ii]v); gold border-rules; rubrications and overlining in red.
- Religious life--Islam
- Muslims--Conduct of life
- Islamic ethics
- Manuscripts, Turkish
- Manuscripts, 18th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Illuminations (painting)
- These images and the content of Special Collections BV 55: Vaṣiyyet. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Bryn Mawr College, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Special Collections BV 55: Vaṣiyyet.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.