Collection ID: 0003 | Metadata type: TEI | |
BV 69 Muṣḥaf jalīl fīhi .... / مصحف جليل فيه
TitleMuṣḥaf jalīl fīhi ....
مصحف جليل فيه
- Saint Catherine (Monastery : Mount Sinai)
Other related names
- Thūmā, al-Rāhib, active 950, scribe
- Mettler, Arnold J, former owner
- Goodhart, Howard Lehman, 1884?-1951, former owner
- Goodhart, Howard Lehman, 1884?-1951, donor
- Parke-Bernet Galleries, auctioneer
Call numberBV 69
(Bryn Mawr, PA, Bryn Mawr College Libraries, Special Collections)
PublisherBryn Mawr College Libraries
Incomplete copy of a collection of homilies and saints' and martyrs' lives. This manuscript is part of a now-dispersed manuscript written at Mt. Sinai. The table of contents (f. 3v-4r) lists 22 works, but only portions of the first and fourth are present in this manuscript. A set of 8 leaves on paper (170 x 160 mm) have been added in a later hand and include the incomplete story of the martyrdoms of Anbā Qūris, Yuḥannā, the three virgins and their mother.
- Manuscript codex.
- Title from title page (f. 3r)
Extent52 leaves : 212 x 170 (170 x 120) mm bound to 215 x 175 mm
FoliationModern foliation in pencil added, lower gutter margin recto.
BindingBound in brown leather over wood with nails.
Rubrications in red.
- Gift of Howard Lehman Goodhart in 1949.
- Sold by Ludwig Rosenthal in Munich in 1913.
- Sold by K. Hiersemann in Leipzig in 1922, lot number 15, listed as Heiligenlegenden at 90,000 DM (label inside front cover).
- Formerly owned by Anrold J. Mettler as part of the Arnold Mettler-Specker Collection (bookplate inside back cover) on loan to the Zurich Zentralbibliothek under the designation Or. 74.
- Sold at the Parke-Bernet Galleries sale held on 29-30 November 1948, catalog entry number 302 (clipping pasted onto inside front cover with note in pencil inside back cover).
- Purchased by Howard Lehman Goodhart (bookplate inside back cover) in 1948 and listed as MS 95 in his book of purchases.
- Martyrologies--Early works to 1800
- Christian literature, Arabic--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 10th century
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Manuscripts (documents)
- These images and the content of Special Collections BV 69: Muṣḥaf jalīl fīhi .... are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Bryn Mawr College, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Special Collections BV 69: Muṣḥaf jalīl fīhi ..... This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- Inside front cover — Catalog entry, 302, pasted in
- Inside front cover — German sale card pasted in
- fol. 3r — Title and notations
- fol. 4v — Notations
- fol. 41r — Notations
- fol. 41v — Notations
- Inside back cover — Bookplate: "Arnold Mettler Specker"
- Inside back cover — Bookplate: "Howard Lehman Goodhart"
- Inside back cover — Notations of sale
Inside front cover
9725_0001.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0001_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
9725_0001_web.jpg (495.3 KB)
Decoration: Catalog entry, 302, pasted in
Decoration: German sale card pasted in
9725_0002.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0002_thumb.jpg (8.9 KB)
9725_0002_web.jpg (561.8 KB)
Section: Two unidentified leaves
9725_0006.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0006_thumb.jpg (7.6 KB)
9725_0006_web.jpg (493.4 KB)
Decoration: Title and notations
9725_0007.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0007_thumb.jpg (7.6 KB)
9725_0007_web.jpg (473.4 KB)
Section: Table of contents
9725_0009.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0009_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
9725_0009_web.jpg (387.5 KB)
9725_0010.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0010_thumb.jpg (8.6 KB)
9725_0010_web.jpg (474.3 KB)
Section: Maymar qālahu Yuḥannā ibn Zabadī ʻalá niyāḥat MartMaryam al-Sayyidah
9725_0082.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0082_thumb.jpg (8.5 KB)
9725_0082_web.jpg (477.1 KB)
9725_0083.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0083_thumb.jpg (8.2 KB)
9725_0083_web.jpg (472.7 KB)
9725_0084.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0084_thumb.jpg (8.8 KB)
9725_0084_web.jpg (513.3 KB)
Section: Shahādat Anbā Qūris wa-Yūḥannā
Inside back cover
9725_0106.tif (86.0 MB)
9725_0106_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
9725_0106_web.jpg (419.4 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate: "Arnold Mettler Specker"
Decoration: Bookplate: "Howard Lehman Goodhart"
Decoration: Notations of sale