Collection ID: 0007 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Lehigh Codex 6 Deed of release
TitleDeed of release
Other related names
- Black, A. Bruce (Alfred Bruce), 1873-1931, former owner (https://viaf.org/viaf/70650354)
- Council on Library and Information Resources
Call numberLehigh Codex 6
(Bethlehem, Lehigh University, Special Collections)
- Hirsh: MS Hirsh 6
- deRicci: 14
- Accession: 163929
This document is a deed of release recording that William Pyx, Nicholas Bocher, Thomas Kingsnoth relinquish their claims to land called Stacys in Plickle or Pluckle (possibly Pluckley, in Kent) to John Hert de Hothfeld (Hothfield, also in Kent). The deed was issued at Pluckley in the first regnal year of Richard III (30 May 1484). The Latin text is written in Gothic cursive script. The lower edge of the document is folded and has three parchment tags, two with small wax seals and the third with remnants of wax.
Extent1; 90 x 287 mm
- Acquired from the library of A. Bruce Black (Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania), 1931
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Special Collections Lehigh Codex 6: Deed of release are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Lehigh University Libraries, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Special Collections Lehigh Codex 6: Deed of release. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
lehigh6_notes_recto.tif (32.4 MB)
lehigh6_notes_recto_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
lehigh6_notes_recto_web.jpg (192.9 KB)