Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 2003-42-13 2003-42-13 Raksa
Call numberPenn Museum 2003-42-13 2003-42-13
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9963325803503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
A protective text (raksa) in verse giving instructions on warding off various ills, followed by instructions related to entry into monastic life. The manuscript is incomplete.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on November 10, 2015)
- Written in 4 lines per segment.
- Written on black khoi paper in yellow ink and chalk (Khmer script); folded concertina- or accordion-style.
- Upper cover attached, plain, with title; lower cover missing.
- Probably written in the 1880s (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 11.5 x 35.4 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (14 folios) :
- Gift of the Philadelphia Commercial Museum (Philadelphia Civic Center Museum), 2003.
- Buddhist magic
- Monastic and religious life (Buddhism)
- Folded books
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 2003-42-13 2003-42-13: Raksa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Table of contents
- A07 — Lower half of folio missing, f. A07
2315_0007.tif (167.8 MB)
2315_0007_thumb.jpg (2.8 KB)
2315_0007_web.jpg (205.8 KB)
Section: Lower half of folio missing, f. A07