Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 2003-72-254B Leaves from the Qurʼān and the Maqāmāt of al-Ḥarīrī
TitleLeaves from the Qurʼān and the Maqāmāt of al-Ḥarīrī
- Ḥarīrī, 1054-1122
Other related names
- Commercial Museum (Philadelphia, Pa.), former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 2003-72-254B
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 1850 and 1899?
Loose leaf copy of a small portion of the Qurʼān, 9 leaves, verses 87-185 of al-Baqarah (2:87-185) along with 4 leaves containing portions of the first Maqāmāh of al-Ḥarīrī.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 260 x 200 (200 x 160) mm.
Extent1 online resource (13 loose leaves)
FoliationLeaves are unfoliated and loose; catchwords every verso, lower left.
BindingUnbound; loose leaves.
Rubrications in red; on the leaves of the Qurʼān, marginal medallions made of sets of parallel red lines show text divisions; readings and vocalizations in red.
- Gift of the Philadelphia Commercial Museum (also known as the Philadelphia Civic Center Museum), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003.
- Arabic prose literature--11th century
- Arabic prose literature--12th century
- Detached leaves
- Manuscripts, Arabic
- Manuscripts, 19th century