Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 2006-24-2 Two bifolia with selections from Saʻdī's poetry
TitleTwo bifolia with selections from Saʻdī's poetry
Other related names
- Dyson, Robert H, former owner
Call numberPenn Museum 2006-24-2
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9977571453403681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Item is undated, but probably produced in the 19th century based on the watermark.
- between 1800 and 1899?
Two bifolia, not consecutive pages, from different sections of Saʻdī's poetry; contains selections from the ghazalīyāt and the rubāʻīyāt.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 290 x 200 (200 x 120) mm.
- Laid, watermarked paper; two watermarks: VALLARINO and a circle with a six-toothed shape in the middle of a shield set under a crown.
Extent1 online resource (2 bifolia)
FoliationPagination in ink in Hindu-Arabic numerals (658-661; 702-705); modern pagination added in pencil, upper outer corners (1A-4B) as if the leaves were to be read left-to-right; catchwords every verso, lower left. Order of digital images follows pagination in ink.
BindingBifolia are loose.
- Gift of Dr. Robert H. Dyson, Jr. in 2006
- Persian poetry--747-1500
- Detached leaves
- Manuscripts, Persian
- Manuscripts, 19th century
Table of contents
- 2B = 658 — [Two bifolia with selections from Saʻdī's poetry]
2B = 658
9353_0000.tif (116.8 MB)
9353_0000_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
9353_0000_web.jpg (263.8 KB)
Section: [Two bifolia with selections from Saʻdī's poetry]