Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 51-9-12 51-9-12 Pali manuscript fragments
TitlePali manuscript fragments
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-12 51-9-12
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9962799343503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of leaves from 5 different manuscripts: nine leaves from a Pali grammatical treatise on conjugations (51-9-12.1); three leaves from an Abhidhamma commentary, possibly a sutra (51-9-12.2); and single leaves from three additional manuscripts (51-9-12.3-5), including a half leaf of a nissaya text based on a sutra (51-9-12.4).
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on November 11, 2015)
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf (51-9-12.1) and 5-6 lines per leaf (51-9-12.2-5).
- Written on palm leaves.
- Written in the 1720s (51-9-12.1) and the first half of the 1800s (59-9-12.2-4) (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 6.5 x 58 cm (51-9-12.1); 4.9 x 52.9 cm (51-9-12.2); 5 x 37.5 cm (51-9-12.3); 4.1 x 24 cm (51-9-12.4); 3.4 x 19 cm (51-9-12.5).
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (15 leaves) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler, 1951.
- Pali language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Thai--18th century
- Manuscripts, Thai--19th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--18th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--19th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 51-9-12 51-9-12: Pali manuscript fragments are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Table of contents
2322_0000.tif (47.4 MB)
2322_0000_thumb.jpg (1.6 KB)
2322_0000_web.jpg (70.5 KB)
Section: Grammatical treatise fragments, f.1r
2322_0018.tif (45.2 MB)
2322_0018_thumb.jpg (1.6 KB)
2322_0018_web.jpg (60.6 KB)
Section: Abhidhamma commentary fragments, f.10r
2322_0024.tif (45.1 MB)
2322_0024_thumb.jpg (1.4 KB)
2322_0024_web.jpg (61.0 KB)
Section: Manuscript fragment, f.13r
2322_0026.tif (45.1 MB)
2322_0026_thumb.jpg (1.2 KB)
2322_0026_web.jpg (49.5 KB)
Section: Manuscript fragment, f.14r
2322_0028.tif (45.1 MB)
2322_0028_thumb.jpg (1.1 KB)
2322_0028_web.jpg (47.2 KB)
Section: Nissaya fragment, f.15r