Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 51-9-2 51-9-2 Vohara manuscript
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-2 51-9-2
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9963326403503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Northern Thai and Pali
Pedagogical Buddhist text with long passages of liturgical Pali and commentary in Northern Thai, possibly written by a novice or former novice named Ruan and probably used for sermons.
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on September 16, 2015)
- Written in 4-6 lines per leaf.
- Foliated with numerals, 1-15.
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes approximately 16 cm apart; most leaves have some chipping or breaking around holes or along edges.
- Probably written in the 1740s in Nan Province, Thailand (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 5.5 x 44.5 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (16 folios) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler (nurse and wife of Presbyterian medical missionary W. H. Kneedler), 1951.
- Buddhist literature, Pali--Early works to 1800
- Buddhist literature, Thai--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Pali--18th century
- Manuscripts, Thai--18th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--18th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 51-9-2 51-9-2: Vohara manuscript are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.