Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 51-9-5 51-9-5 Thai manuscript fragments
TitleThai manuscript fragments
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-5 51-9-5
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9963212083503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Pali (51-9-5.1) and Thai with Pali words (51-9-5.2)
19 leaves from the middle of an unidentified Pali text (51-9-5.1), housed with 2 leaves from a narrative text about a king and a precious jewel in Thai with Pali words (51-9-5.2).
- Title supplied by cataloger (viewed on November 18, 2015)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf (51-9-5.1) and 4 lines per leaf (51-9-5.2).
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes approximately 21 cm (51-9-5.1) and 19.5 cm (51-9-5.2) apart; faded red edges on leaves of longer text (51-9-5.1); most ends damaged, 2 leaves partial (f. 17-18), and one comprised of 3 small fragments (f. 19).
- Longer text foliated with letters starting with M, so the beginning of this manuscript is lacking (51-9-5.1); one of the leaves in the shorter text is foliated ga (51-9-5.2).
- Written in Thailand, possibly in the 18th century (Justin McDaniel).
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 4.5 x 53 cm (51-9-5.1); 4.1 x 51.1 cm (51-9-5.2).
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (21 leaves) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler (nurse and wife of Presbyterian medical missionary W. H. Kneedler), 1951.
- Buddhist literature, Pali--Early works to 1800
- Buddhist stories, Thai--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Thai--18th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--18th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 51-9-5 51-9-5: Thai manuscript fragments are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
2326_0000.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0000_thumb.jpg (1.7 KB)
2326_0000_web.jpg (86.1 KB)
Section: Unidentified Pali text, f.1r
2326_0016.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0016_thumb.jpg (2.2 KB)
2326_0016_web.jpg (101.3 KB)
Decoration: Broken leaf, f. 17
2326_0017.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0017_thumb.jpg (2.0 KB)
2326_0017_web.jpg (93.9 KB)
Decoration: Broken leaves, f. 17-18
2326_0018.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0018_thumb.jpg (1.9 KB)
2326_0018_web.jpg (92.1 KB)
Decoration: Broken leaves, f. 18-19
2326_0019.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0019_thumb.jpg (1.6 KB)
2326_0019_web.jpg (79.5 KB)
Decoration: Broken leaf, f. 19
2326_0020.tif (65.7 MB)
2326_0020_thumb.jpg (1.6 KB)
2326_0020_web.jpg (76.2 KB)
Section: Narrative text, f. 20r