Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 51-9-6 51-9-6 Nissaya text
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-6 51-9-6
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9963213763503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Nissaya text, liturgical, possibly the praise of the 28 Buddhas. Three leaves have modern corrections in black marker.
- Title supplied by Justin McDaniel (viewed on September 30, 2015)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes slightly more than 22 cm apart; formerly tied through right hole; red lacquer top and bottom edges, gilded left and right edges; most ends frayed and damaged
- Written in Thailand, possibly in the 18th century.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 5 x 58.5 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (18 leaves) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler (nurse and wife of Presbyterian medical missionary W. H. Kneedler), 1951.
- Buddhas--Early works to 1800
- Buddhist literature, Pali--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Thai--18th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--18th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 51-9-6 51-9-6: Nissaya text are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.