Collection ID: 0016 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Penn Museum 51-9-7 51-9-7 Vohara text
Call numberPenn Museum 51-9-7 51-9-7
(University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology)
- bibid: 9963213923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Pali with some Thai
Vohara text on the episode of the Vessantara Jataka story in which Vessantara gives away his children.
- Title supplied by Justin McDaniel (viewed on September 30, 2015)
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- Foliated with letters, sa through sai, verso left margin; 4 leaves from the J's in the middle, out of order, but from the same text.
- Leaves of palm leaf with two central holes slightly more than 20 cm apart; many edges frayed or damaged; last leaf partial; red lacquer edges; string through left hole tied in a loop.
- Written in Thailand, possibly in the late 17th century.
- Dimensions of original manuscript: 4.5 x 53.5 cm.
- Reproduced from the original with permission of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license.
Extent1 online resource (18 folios) :
- Gift of Mrs. W. H. Kneedler (nurse and wife of Presbyterian medical missionary W. H. Kneedler), 1951.
- Jataka stories, Thai--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Thai--17th century
- Manuscripts--Thailand--17th century
- These images and the content of University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology Penn Museum 51-9-7 51-9-7: Vohara text are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 18r — Leaf fragment, f.18
2369_0034.tif (30.2 MB)
2369_0034_thumb.jpg (1.2 KB)
2369_0034_web.jpg (38.0 KB)
Decoration: Leaf fragment, f.18